My name is Alexander Ledkov. I am an Associate Professor of the Theoretical Mechanics Department at Samara National Research University. I also joint appointment as a Senior Researcher at the Mechanics Research Laboratory at the same university.
In 2010 I received my Ph.D. in Theoretical Mechanics from Samara State Aerospace University. My research contributions are in space flight mechanics, nonlinear and chaotic dynamics.
As a researcher, I have published a book and 29 studies (18 in english) in prestigious peer-reviewed journals on topics related to space tethered systems, space elevator, and re-entry vehicle dynamics. I have presented my research at various scientific conferences. My contribution was recognized by the "Young Scientist" regional competition award (Samara region, Russia, 2013).
My teaching activity include giving lectures on the Nonlinear Dynamics, and Space Tethered Systems courses, and running workshops on Theoretical Mechanics.
If you are interested in collaborative projects or have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me.
- B.S.M.E. and M.S.M.E. (Russia – Mechanical Engineer), Diploma with Honors, Samara State Aerospace University, Samara/ Russia, 2006
- Ph.D. (Russia – Candidate of Technical Science), Samara State Aerospace University, Samara/ Russia, 2010
Ph.D. THESIS TITLE: "Investigation of resonant motion segment-conical bodies in the atmosphere."
|2000-2006|| ||Undergraduate, graduate student, SSAU.|
|2006-2010|| ||Postgraduate student, SSAU.|
|2006-2010|| ||Lecturer of the Theoretical Mechanics Department at SSAU.|
|2010-2014|| ||Researcher at the Mechanics Research Laboratory (SRG-63 "Mechanics") at SSAU.|
|2010-2016 || ||Associate Professor of the Theoretical Mechanics Department at SSAU.|
|2014-2016 || ||Senior Researcher at the Mechanics Research Laboratory (SRG-63 "Mechanics") at SSAU.|
|2016-present || ||Associate Professor of the Theoretical Mechanics Department at Samara University.|
|2016-present || ||Senior Researcher at the Mechanics Research Laboratory (SRG-63 "Mechanics") at Samara University.|
SSAU is "Samara State Aerospace University" (Samara/Russia)
Samara University is "Samara National Research University" (Samara/Russia)
- Nonlinear Dynamics (lectures)
- Space Tethered Systems (lectures)
- Theoretical Mechanics (lectures and workshops)
- Bachelor and Master students thesis supervisor
- First prize for a report on the conference for schoolboys "Space-2000", (Bauman Moscow State Technical University, Moscow/Russia, 2000).
- Diploma for the reports on the National Youth Science Conference "VI Korolyov's Reading" (Samara State Aerospace University, Samara/Russia, 2001).
- Stepindiant of Russian Government (2003).
- Second-degree diploma in the international youth scientific conference «XII Tupolev's reading" (Kazan State Technical University, Kazan/Russia, 2004).
- Laureate of the contest of young professionals of the Samara region (Samara/Russia, 2007).
- Diploma for the best reports on the 51st scientific conference "Modern problems of fundamental sciences" (Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology, Dolgoprudniy/Russia, 2008).
- Winner of the competition for young teachers and researchers of the Samara State Aerospace University (Samara State Aerospace University, Samara/Russia, 2009).
- Winner of the regional competition "Young Scientist" (Samara region, Russia, 2013).
I am a member of the research group of Prof. Vladimir S. Aslanov. The field of my major scientific research interests includes:
- space flight mechanics,
- re-entry ballistics and spacecraft attitude dynamics,
- space tethered systems and space elevator dynamics,
- space debris mitigation,
- general problems of the regular and chaotic dynamics.
Our research group can offer cooperation in study and education in this areas. If you are interested in collaborative projects or have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me.
During my research activity I participated in the following grants.
Grants of Russian Foundation for Basic Research
- 2006 №04-01-96500 "The analysis and synthesis of parameters of atmospheric and not atmospheric movement of space-rocket systems" (project head prof. V.S. Aslanov)
- 2006-2007 №06-08-00325-а "Dynamic processes, movement and management of compound space vehicles of variable weight" (project head Dr. A.V. Doroshin)
- 2006-2008 №06-01-00355-а "The indignant movement of systems bodies with constant and variable structure" (project head prof. V.S. Aslanov)
- 2009-2011 №09-01-00384-а "Dynamics of disturbed motion of rigid bodies with bodies with correlations" (project head prof. V.S. Aslanov)
- 2012-2013 №12-01-31114-mol_a "Dynamics of space tether systems intended for operation on the orbit" (project head Dr. A.S. Ledkov)
- 2012-2014 №12-01-00317-а "Dynamics of perturbed orbital motion of systems of rigid bodies" (project head prof. V.S. Aslanov)
- 2015-2017 №15-01-01456-a "Dynamics of rigid body with moving and flexible elements in space applications" (project head prof. V.S. Aslanov)
- 2018-2020 №18-31-20058 "Dynamics and control of space tethered systems during transport operations in orbit" (project head Dr. A.S. Ledkov)
- 2018-2020 №18-01-00215-a "Dynamics of spacecraft and multidimensional space systems taking into account the influence of external force fields and environments" (project head prof. V.S. Aslanov)
Grants of Ministry of Education and Science of Russia
- 2014-2016 №9.540.2014/K "Novel problems of nonlinear mechanics of space flight" (project head prof. V.S. Aslanov)
Grants of Russian Science Foundation
- 2016-2018 №16-19-10158 (project head prof. V.S. Aslanov)
- 2019-2021 №19-19-00085 "Detecting and eliminating the chaos in processes and in the motion of space systems with a complex structure" (project head Dr. A.V. Doroshin)